life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Friday, December 6, 2013

Guide to Everything Holiday

I apologize for it being so long since my last post.  So many things have happened in the past few months!  We are trying to stage and sell our house and I've been tutoring a bunch more.  Oh, and that one year old that follows me around all day.  

Anyway, it is due time for me to reconnect with all of you!  So after much research and many decisions this is my guide to everything holiday.  Enjoy!  

{GIFTS}

Williams-Sonoma Hot Chocolate Pot and Personalized Mugs




Sephora has a bunch of great products to give as gifts - to others or for yourself, no judgement

Tocca Meet the Girls Gift Set - sample all Tocca's scents before choosing your fav.  Great for travel too.

Smashbox Master Class II Palette - I just got this for myself last month and I LOVE it.  A ton of neutral shadows with some pops of color, a range of blushes from which to choose, two gorgeous highlight shades and four gel liners. 
You don't need to use a ton of shadow as they are seriously pigmented.  Everything goes on smoothly and lasts forever.  Sometimes palettes sacrifice on quality but I don't feel that way about this one at all.  A great gift or a great way to spice up your look for all those holiday parties, don't miss this one!

Philosophy Purity Face Wash - soo luxurious and clean. 

It smells like lemon and sage (similar to the Bliss foaming face wash) but Purity leaves your skin smooth and hydrated.  Sephora has mini bottles by the register for $10 which makes a fantastic stocking stuffer or a way for you to try it for yourself.  

Gorjana Griffin Stackable Gold Rings - been wanting these for a while just have to get sized.  I can never remember my ring size, does anyone else have that problem??? 




Zara Tartan Scarf - if this doesn't scream winter cozy I don't know what does

Old Navy Men's Desert Boots - look and feel just like the Clark's ones but WAAAY cheaper.  Hope they last as long!

J.Crew Men's Abingdon Weekender Bag - got this for my husband's birthday last year and it is awesome!  Much better than the dirty, beat up Addidas soccer bag he used to pack in.  Expensive but the quality of the bag makes the price totally worth it. 




J.Crew Men's Fair Isle Sweater - I don't think my husband would actually wear this, but I LOVE it.  


Is it wrong that my grandfather has been wearing almost the exact same sweater in brown for as long as I can remember?  

I'm really into these fair isle sweaters this season.  Maybe because I secretly want to cozy up in them myself.  Old Navy has two that I particularly like...
This one, which I'd have to make sure he puts with a coordinating plaid or chambray button down otherwise it will look too 80s or girly, I'm not sure which.  

And this one, which I think is just perfect for cozying up to the fire with a mug of hot chocolate. 

{HOLIDAY DRESSING}

Here are some outfits from around the web that I'm loving for holiday soirees.

This is a cozy, warm outfit perfect for a holiday dinner courtesy of Penny Pincher Fashion.  I'd pair it with a gold sparkly oversized clutch and maybe a pink mid-length coat.  
  
Halogen Quinn Jacquard PantsFinally a way to keep warm at those holiday parties.Got these from Nordstrom for the holidays.   



Dress it up with a black silky or sequin tank or go cozy with a fuzzy warm sweater.  

Here are some inspirational party outfits from one of my favorite bloggers at Atlantic-Pacific.

Ok, so maybe this is a little over-the-top for some of us and even though none of us can afford her gorgeous wardrobe, we can dream can't we? Can't we??



Maybe you fancy some feathers?  

Check out this outfit here

or this one here.

She is like the real Carrie Bradshaw.  All the time. 

Luckily, I found a way cheaper version of her feather skirt!  Thank you Piperlime for listing Sabine's feather skirt for only $98.


Looking to add some plaid to your party outfit for that "I'm not trying too hard, I just threw this together" look?  Check this out.  

I love the juxtaposition of the casual plaid and the sparkly skirt.  (That's right I said it, juxtaposition, how'd'ya like that? UH).

Need more than just a little sparkle in your life, how 'bout adding some gold shine? LOVE this one! (Although the skirt is a little too short for my liking but she's a toothpick so, go her) 
I need more parties to go to and a bigger budget because I want to wear all of these looks this season!  

{JEWELS} - Every girl needs some jewels to complete her look so here you go girlies...

Pim & Larkin Love Ring - Reminds you of your love or inspires you to find some, ring in the New Year wearing some love. 




Kelly Wearstler open ring - Just discovered this designer and I'm loving her stuff so far.  Check out this ring, here.

Kate Spade Bangle - I already have two of her plain bangles and I just can't seem to get enough of them so here's my favorite from this season, here.

{SHOES} 
I want to build a whole outfit around these Joe's pumps.  

Aren't they just divine?

I'm pretty sure everyone is coveting the Hunter Rain Boots this season.  

Don't hate me but they were selling these at Costco for $79 the weekend before Thanksgiving and I just could NOT pass them up. A Christmas present to myself for finding such a good deal ;)

Hopefully that's enough to get you started!

Happy Holidays!  I hope you get to spend it with those whom you love the most!

~And that my friends, is worth a glass of champagne~
Share:

1 comment

  1. Love the Kate Spade bangles! I had one in my shopping cart for a long time as my gift to you! A mint colored one! That is until I found an ever better gift!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig