life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring, a Long Time Coming

They say spring is on its way, but I'm not sure I believe them.  Snow, rain and ice have dominated most of this winter - not to mention the freezing cold temps. I don't know about you but I've had my fill of winter.  Seeing pictures of other people's beach vacations and watching Sandals commercials now make me irate instead of lustful.  I sure hope I'm wrong and spring is right around the corner (fingers crossed)...

In light of spring's (supposed) arrival I've been eyeing some happy spring and summer things to keep me going for the duration of these cold, trying days.  

{Crops and High Waists}
Still in from previous seasons, pairing a crop with a high waist avoids the need for showing your belly, which is good for a 30-something lady like me. The key to achieving this look is a crop that just graces the top of the high waist. Too long and you'll just look like you're wearing mom jeans. Too short and you'll look way too 90s.  Although the 90s are totally back. 
F21, Top here, Bottoms here

{Pastels and Florals - Peach and Mint}
I want everything in pastels lately. Soft and flowy with the ability to match almost anything, pastels can make you feel spring-like even if it's still freezing.  
Topshop, Crepe Notch Front Blazer $110.00
Shopbop, Rebecca Minkoff Bag $195


ASOS, Floral Blouse $18.82

{Matching Sets} Takes the guess work out of your outfit.  Put it on, dress it up and go! My kind of outfit.
ASOS, Native Rose Camisole Top in Patchwork Geo Rose Print, $84.69


ASOS, Knitted Tee in Textured Stitch $56.46
ASOS, Knitted Skirt in Textured Stitch $56.46
Francesca's, Scalloped Crop Top $34.00  and Short $34.00

{Utility Jacket} - to keep you warm on those chilly spring mornings and nights. 
Old Navy Utility Jacket, $39.94
{Tribal/Aztec/Mexi-Cali Prints}
Saw this on a maternity blog and although it's not a maternity dress I thought I could wear it pregnant and then afterward.  It's so flowy I can be comfy and cute all at the same time.  It ships from China so it takes a while to get stuff but you can't beat the price and I was surprised by the quality.  The top portion is hand-embroidered and is quite weighty, considering that it is so inexpensive.  Can't wait to wear it!
Sheinside.com, Tribal Maxi Dress $33.52
Sheinside.com, White Tribal Embroidered Dress $30.67

{D'Oray Flats} - Combines the pointy toe trend but without the heel. Very practical for the mom on the go. 
{Caged sandals} - Short or tall cages on heels and flat sandals are in.  Personally, I avoid these because I feel they just make my legs look bigger than they are but if you've got Olive Oil legs you can rock these all spring and summer.  
Before the past two seasons I would've scoffed at these heels that remind me of something out of my grandma's closet.  However, they've gotten an update with straps and color blocking. Comfy to boot!


Asos, $56.46
Piperlime, Clarks Shira Danika Heel $120.00

{Structured bags} - Think Kate Spade-esque. Sharp shapes, clean lines- the best ones have shoulder straps and handles. Perfect for throwing over your shoulder during the day while your hands are full and then tucking in and slipping the handles over your wrist for the night. 
So reflective you may blind people, they are going to be everywhere by summer so grab yours now. 
Nordstrom, Ray Bans $165.00
{Looking forward} Overalls and Bucket bags.  

I don't even know what to say about this. I was scrolling through Instagram one day and was instantly stopped mid-scroll, thumb hovering over the screen as I stared in disbelief at one of my favorite bloggers donning overalls.  Yes, overalls. 

They looked good.  Did I just say that? I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that in that moment I thought, 'They're not so bad. These are totally about to make a come back.'  

They weren't good the first time around, and as we moved forward I realized the only ones capable of pulling off overalls were Carrie Bradshaw and TLC. (Remember 'Don't Go Chasin' Waterfalls'?!  Perhaps it should be 'Don't Go Chasin' Overalls'). 
Image Source here
They are creeping up behind our backs so be ready people.  You will see them on regular people in regular places. Soon.  
Image Source here
I don't know that I can bring myself to spend $298 for these overalls below, but if you're going to buy them, you really have to love the way they look.  I'm going to look around for a quality imitation of these...
Intermix, Current Elliott Destroyed Short Overalls, $298
Luxury designers have been making bucket bags and backpacks for years but lately I've noticed them gracing the pages of magazine ads.  Hard to organize and find things, these bags are reminiscent of my days in 6th-8th grade. Hey, a Louis is a Louis is a Louis. Right?? 
Louis Vuitton, Noe BB Bag $1200.00

There are too many things I like for spring to possibly list all of them.  So many options, so many good choices.  Follow me on Pinterest to see some of my spring inspiration.  Happy shopping, my friends! 

~And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!~
Share:

5 comments

  1. Please let me know if you find a good imitation of those overalls! I have been searching everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try these, not exact but still cute! http://urbanoutfitters.com/urban/m/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=31927155&category=SEARCH+RESULTS

      Delete
  2. wow amazing trend perceptives! i'm loving all the textures! <3

    Xo Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig