life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Friday, September 12, 2014

...from the web Fridays, September, 12, 2014

In light of honoring September 11th yesterday and it being the 200th anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner, (if you're near Baltimore, check out the events for the weekend here) I've decided to post more intellectually stimulating articles today, rather than the pop culture mish-mosh that I normally post.  

{Stephen King Teaches Writing} "Always ask the student writer, 'What do you want to say?'  Every sentence that answers that question is part of the essay or story.  Every sentence that does not needs to go." Great advice from a great writer.  I hope my students listened to me when I tried to teach them this.  If not, listen to Stephen King.  He's a big deal. 
Photo courtesy of www.theatlantic.com


{Pay with your smartphone} I can't wait to do this. Juggling two kids and a cute purse is hard enough.  I'd love to be able to pay for stuff with just my phone.  


Photo courtesy of www.morningnightlynews.com


{Go to college here to make the most money} Too bad I missed the boat on this one, but maybe some of you got lucky! (Hope you're good at math and science...)
Photo courtesy of www.thewashingtonpost.com

{Cable TV is here to stay. Bummer.} I still don't understand why tv can't be free over the internet.  That's what I'm waiting for.  We recently got rid of our cable and we are surviving off of Netflix, DVDs and watching things on the internet. Exisiting without cable television is really not so bad.  I actually don't miss it at all, and I definitely get more done.  I'm enjoying the silence of it all.  We just started Orange is the New Black - loving it so far.
Photo courtesy of www.expertistas.com


Since my fall fashion blog post is coming up soon, I thought I'd leave you with one about NY Fashion Week. 

{NYFW: Kors and de la Renta} Love both of these designers, although I'll say I love Kors' shoes and watches more than his handbags or clothing.  And Oscar de la Renta? I mean, c'mon. You can't argue with his classic feminine, yet stylish pieces.  I'd love to own one of his dresses someday.  There's this green and white floral number from last season....
Photo courtesy of www.gorgeautiful.com



Happy 200th Anniversary Star Spangled Banner!  God Bless America.
Photo courtesy of www.starspangledspectacular.com

~And that, my friends, is [definitely] worth a glass of champagne!~
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig