life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Friday, August 16, 2013

Fall Fashion

As much as we'd all like to ignore it, fallisonitsway.  I didn't just say that.  'Don't jinx us' you're thinking.  Sorry kids, it is inevitable.  In an effort to grip on to the last days of summer August always finds me still shopping for summer fashion.  That boho dress I failed to buy in June screams from the racks saying 'I'm on sale, you really wanted me a month ago. If you don't buy me now I may be gone forever.'  

And then I cave.  

But this August I'm determined to be more practical in my purchases. I'm planning to buy only those things which can be used for fall and winter.

Think edgy rocker, with a little 80s thrown in.  
There are certain fall pieces I'm looking for....

{All things Leather}
Shorts, vests, jackets, even dresses will be all over.  Be sure to pair these with more feminine items so you don't look too harsh.  Unless of course you are trying to scare people away.  


White Leather Vest / Black Leather Leggings / Leather Peplum / Leather Scalloped Shorts

TOPS
L/S High Necked Crop Top / Cosmic Tank / Lace Tank (similar) / Baseball Tee / Leopard Peplum / Tiger Tank

{L/S High-Necked Crop Tops} Straight from Ty's closet in the movie Clueless, these are back.  Pair them with high-waisted midi skirts or shorts to keep it modern.  

{Animal and Galaxy/Cosmic Prints} Once reserved for hunters and the tacky alike, somehow these printed tops have made their way to the mainstream.  Be really careful to modernize your outfit (accessorize correctly and do your hair and make up) otherwise you will look like someone out of 'Awkward Family Photos.' 

{Lace}  It's still in and I LOVE it!  Enough said.

{Baseball Tees} I'm not talking the ones that actually support a team.  These are the ones from the 70s where the sleeves are a different color than the body. Greg Brady style, who woulda thought?  

{Dressy Sweatshirts}
Elbow patches, lace details, studs, jewels -I refer to them as dress sweatshirts.  And I couldn't be happier these are "in."  So easy to throw on with skinny or boyfriend jeans yet it still looks put together and chic.  Couldn't be easier.  Sign. Me. Up.




Lace Sweatshirt / Jeweled Neck Sweatshirt
Studded Sweatshirt
I already bought the J.Crew Jeweled Neck Sweatshirt above.

{Boots/Booties}
These have been in for a while, but suede fabric in dark colors such as gray, black, and brick red will be really popular.  Hang on to brown ones (which you probably already have from previous seasons, but if not, I've linked one below) because those are a great transition piece into fall.  


Express Booties

  
Red Suede Booties


{Metallic Flats} These uniform-like shoes got an update with some serious shine.  Similar to jazz shoes these look great paired with boyfriend jeans and a sweater or with a flowy hi-low skirt and tank.  




{The Color of Red Wine}  This dark, rich red is a great transition from fall to winter.  I want some skinny trousers in this color. Paired with black or cream but you can be bolder and wear coordinating jewel tones.  I've seen a lot of 'waxed' finishes on pants lately, which gives the pants a slight sheen and waxiness.  Not as shiny as satin or sateen, it's a good way to add a subtle glow to your look.  Keep the rest simple and matte though.  You don't want to blind anyone.  


Cranberry Jeggings

{Attache Bags} Square and inspired by men's briefcases, these are all the rage this fall 


Blue Attache
Attache with touch of Leopard
Now you can fall into Fall Fashion with ease.  And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!
Share:

1 comment

  1. love all the leather! and the jeweled j-crew sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig