life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Monday, January 6, 2014

Van Gogh and Vino

We trekked south this Christmas to visit my in-laws in Georgia.  The 80 degree weather was a welcome change from the 30 degree temps of the mid-Atlantic.  After much eating, celebrating and movie watching my SIL surprised the ladies with a night out.  So we headed down the road to Van Gogh and Vino.  

The room

This 3 hour long class teaches you step by step how to paint a picture. 

Our lovely teacher and her masterpieces
It's like paint by number for adults, except you get to sip vino all the while. (I think this may actually enhance some people's skills.)  You bring your own wine and snacks but everything else is provided for you - paint, easels, brushes, aprons, pre-drawn canvases (shh, no one has to know you don't have natural talent hehe).  

Our painting was Christmas-themed so it was a bunch of hanging ornaments that you could decorate however you pleased.  

Shh, no one has to know it was pre-drawn for you




When the class began I thought there was no way painting four ornaments would take 3 hours but, in fact, we almost ran out of time.  We got so into painting and creating the time just flew by! 

Kim, painting away

Kit, hard at work

Kim's painting

My painting
I'm not the most artistic person in the world but I tried my best and that's all that matters lol.  Right? Or at least that's what my parents always told me.  

Great for a girls night out, a birthday party or simply a change of pace, Van Gogh and Vino lets you bond with your friends, get creative and drink some vino.  What could be wrong with that?!  And you have your masterpiece to go home with - a souvenir of fun times with the ones you love. 

~And that my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!~

Look up a similar class in your hood and get painting! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig