life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Friday, July 11, 2014

...from the web Fridays, July 11, 2014

How I'm managing to put up blog posts with a two week old is beyond me. I think I'm so sleep deprived I just operate in a daze, going about my life as normal - as if I was getting more than two hours of sleep at a time.  I've seen 3 am more than I can count in the last two weeks.  Our baby girl is doing great; we are just trying to get her to sleep better.  And more.  She's going through her two week growth spurt right now so she's been basically attached to me 24/7 nursing and sleeping.  It is rough.  But I try to remember she won't want to cuddle with me forever so I should relish it now! 

Here are some things from the web to keep your attention this weekend:

{Spiked Peach Pops} I'm allergic to peaches but these sounded too good not to pass along for all of you to enjoy.  Spread the wealth, you know? 
Photo courtesy of www.blog.anthropologie.com

{Having a Happy Marriage}  A good article with some interesting insight on why some marriages fail and some succeed.  Kindness matters - here's a little snippet:
"By observing these types of interactions, Gottman can predict with up to 94 percent certainty whether couples—straight or gay, rich or poor, childless or not—will be broken up, together and unhappy, or together and happy several years later. Much of it comes down to the spirit couples bring to the relationship. Do they bring kindness and generosity; or contempt, criticism, and hostility?
“There’s a habit of mind that the masters have,” Gottman explained in an interview, “which is this: they are scanning social environment for things they can appreciate and say thank you for. They are building this culture of respect and appreciation very purposefully. Disasters are scanning the social environment for partners’ mistakes” (www.theatlantic.com).
Photo courtesy of http://sharamaeyu.tumblr.com/post/51545210271

{Things I wish I'd known about parenting toddlers the first time around}  Having a second baby, who will eventually be a toddler made me wonder, "What can I learn from this lady about raising a toddler the second time around?"  I like number one, it's very encouraging.  
Photo courtesy of www.more4kids.info

{Blocking FB Baby Photos}  Because it's just for us. 
"You write differently when you're only writing for yourself. You take pictures differently when you aren’t hunting for a shot worth posting...There’s no pre-written narrative for that scenario in a baby book: When did your baby first make you want to silently hug other dads? Our careful selectivity is certainly revisionist, but so is every decision to share a moment or a story online. Simply remembering is an editing process. We’re already editing our experiences before the lens cap comes off. We’re real-time revisionists. We decided to write our story on blank pages, offline, and we're writing it for us. Which is how it should be" (www.theatlantic.com).
Photo courtesy of www.allimages.com

{World Cup Parody} People in everyday situations getting bumped into and dramatizing their reactions - imitating some soccer players in the World Cup.  Good for a chuckle.
Photo courtesy of www.telegraph.co.uk

{Most Popular US Beaches}  I don't know that I agree with Rehobeth being the most popular.  I mean it's nice and all but it beats Hawaii's beaches?  That doesn't seem right...
Photo courtesy of www.washingtonian.com

Enjoy your weekend! Don't forget to stop by 7-11 for your free slurpee today! 

~And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!~
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig