life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Thursday, May 15, 2014

...from the Web Fridays - May 16, 2014

I'm excited to announce a new feature on this here blog.  One that I hope I can keep up with.  Maybe it's the nesting, maybe it's my crazy pregnant brain but instead of cutting back with the impending birth of our little girl, I've decided to ADD to my workload.  I must be nuts right?  I know.  So without further ado, I introduce you to a series entitled, "...from the Web Fridays."  

Each Friday I will post a handful of links to interesting things from all over this here interweb.  Just something quick for you to peruse and keep you busy over the weekend!  I hope you like it and let me know if there's anything specific you love (or hate) about it so I can keep y'all interested.  

Let's get started....

  • Scoliosis Article - I had scoliosis surgery back when I was 12.  It was an intense surgery in which the surgeon inserted two metal rods into my back to help keep my spine straight.  It was long, it was painful (yes, more painful than the c-section I had) and it forced me to give up gymnastics since I could no longer bend or curve my spine.  I read this article in the NY Times that seems to offer a new type of treatment, an alternative to surgery and bracing, for those struggling with scoliosis.  Check it out here 

Photo courtesy of NYTimes.com

  • Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe - These are not healthy in any way but they are scrumptiously delicious!  We make it without the cinnamon cream - gotta draw the line somewhere.  No matter how you feel about Paula Dean, the lady can make a good pancake.  Check out the recipe, here.  
Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

  • Revolve Clothing - I'm enjoying browsing their site lately.  Gotta pop out this baby so I can shop!  Check them out here

Photos courtesy of revolve.com

  • Jaclyn Hill make-up tutorials.  I love this girl.  If you haven't already heard of her you'd better get on it! Check out one of her latest videos here.  
Photo courtesy of youtube.com

  • Looking to get away?  We went to a wedding in the Bahamas last summer and stayed at the cutest little boutique resort.  Don't expect the all-inclusive, hectic life here. Serene, quaint and endearing, Pelican Bay Resort on the island of Freeport in the Bahamas is where it's at.  Good food, nice staff, and if I hadn't known better I would've thought we had the place to ourselves.  Check it out here.  
Isn't it the cutest hotel???
The gorgeous wedding reception...
being silly...
one of the lovely staff members from Pelican Bay.


Let me know how I did for my first "...from the web Fridays"

~And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!~



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig