life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Friday, August 1, 2014

...from the web Fridays, August 1, 2014

Welcome, August.  Sort of. For me August marks the second half of summer- the last half. (Sniff, sniff).  

Sadly, the end of summer draws nearer, so let's just jump into this post and let some sentimental links from the web wash over us. 

{Inner City Teaching} I've known many inner city teachers and this seems to be a somewhat accurate portrayal of many of their experiences.  
Photo courtesy of www.pfl.grad.ncsu.edu


{Teaching Empathy} A more scientific look at empathy.  I think this is an underrated personality trait that is similarly under-appreciated. 
Photo courtesy of www.wordsfromcindysheart.com


{Words of Wisdom for Kids} Good advice. Although, if you're a kid you'll probably ignore it until you're older. Then you'll become all nostalgic and you'll just 'get' it. 

Photo courtesy of www.huffingtonpost.com


The next two links don't fit with the others in terms of sentiment, but they are informative nonetheless.  They may make your day, the first by keeping you regular, and the second by helping you store that 'regular-ness' (among other things).  Read on loyal readers, read on.   

{Fruits w/High Water Content} Good to know for those hot summer days spent beachside. You don't always have to be sipping on H2O to be hydrated.  Or mix them into cocktails - hydrating and getting buzzed at the same time.  Is that paradoxical or what?   
Photo courtesy of www.onegreenplanet.org


{The Coolest} I was tempted to keep this one all to myself, but I just couldn't do that to all of you. Blender, charger, music player, night light, awesomeness.  I sent the link to my husband a week ago, thinking he'll either think this is amazing or really cheesy.  I was banking on cheesy.  We are now $185 poorer and our Coolest should be delivered in February.  Enough said.  
Photo courtesy of www.kickstarter.com

~And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!~  ....which I will be storing in my Coolest come February ;)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig