life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Friday, August 29, 2014

...from the web Fridays, August 29, 2014

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!!!

Kids are back to school and parents are rejoicing.  After a long summer of fun and trips and ice cream, many parents bid their children goodbye as they emerge from their summer haze and enter DUM DUM DUM, school.  

In light of this, we should reflect back on the summer, appreciating the late nights, warm dense air, dancing fireflies, crisp blue water and echoing laughter of family and friends.  

Several of these links will remind us of some important things relating to summer.  Enjoy!  

{Why American Mothers are Exhausted and the Danes Hang Out} Makes me want to move.  We've got to get on this and make it happen mommies!
Photo courtesy of www.theasc.com

{What Really Happens to your Face When you Wear Sunscreen}   Woa.  Definitely wearing sunscreen after seeing this.  I've gotten much better about wearing sunscreen, especially on my face, after years of baking in the sun.  The days of slathering myself in baby oil are long gone.  I see the effects of the sun surely on my face in the form of sunspots and even the slightest crow's feet near my eyes.  I wish my younger self could've seen the unclear complexion I have now due to sun damage. Maybe I would've taken better care of my skin!  Young ladies, take heed.  
Photo courtesy of www.lockerdome.com

{Learning from the Aussies} Having spent about 6 months studying in Australia, it holds a special place in my heart, as do the wonderful people I met while there.  There's something about those Aussies that just make you all warm and fuzzy inside.  Maybe it's their laid back "no worries, mate" attitude, or their adventurous spirit, or their innate friendliness, or their ability to house drinks like animals, or their ability to eat Vegimite and like it.  Maybe it's that they get 4-6 of paid vacation each year...
Photo courtesy of www.joshuapundit.blogspot.com

{A Parental Daycation} This sounds like a genius idea.  Especially if we Americans can't score those 4-6 weeks of paid vacay like the Aussies.  
Photo courtesy of www.babble.com

I've saved the best for last.  If you watch Bachelor in Paradise you will love this.  

{Bachelor in Paradise Delusions} You know how while you're watching this show you're thinking, "What is wrong with her? She's known him five minutes and she thinks they're getting married. And she's jealous he's on a date with someone else because this other girl is disrupting her 'real connection' with him on this 'journey' toward love."  Well, this article ranks the people on the show in order of how deluded they really are.

If only we got a dollar every time they said journey or connection or right reasons (do you remember when they made the guys rap this song on Dez's season of The Bachelorette?! Painful.) we'd be richer than Bill Gates. 
Photo courtesy of www.grantland.com

Be glad you're not these people. It airs Monday nights on ABC ;)

~And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne!~



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig