life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Best Hair Dryer in the World

I have found the holy grail of hair dryers ladies and gents.  I give you, The Rusk.  


One rare morning I was able to get a shower without my children in tow.  I rushed through the shower to hopefully dry. my. hair.  Well, friends, God smiled upon me and it came to pass that I was able to dry my hair.  There was only one snafu.  My hair dryer up and died in the middle of my blow out.  The nerve! 

And so began my quest for a better, bigger, stronger, more effective blow dryer.  After much research and examination, I decided on the Rusk W8less Professional 2000 Watt Hair Dryer.  It has changed my life.  Quite literally.  

I'm not what you'd call a 'hair girl.'  I was never taught how to blowout my hair or curl it.  I pretty much point the dryer at my head and expect to come out looking like a Victoria's Secret model.  Sadly, that never happens.  

I have fine strands of hair but a lot of them - so I have thin-thick hair?  Is that a thing?  Anyway, using my Conair hair dryer often took at least 20 min (and my hair still wasn't completely dry) and I was often left very frizzy, especially on top.  My hair is actually pretty healthy, but sometimes I looked like I stuck my finger in a socket.  I never believed the hype about expensive dryers, assuming it was all a ploy to make money.  And maybe it is. But in the off chance it's not I'm here to inform you of what has seriously changed my morning routine.  

I used to dread showering.  That sounds terrible, but with two kids under two it wasn't a peaceful time.  And forget about drying my hair.  Brush it and throw it in a wet messy bun.  Until, The Rusk.  No more frizzy, no more dread. Just pure unadulterated perfectly dry, smooth locks.  Don't believe me?  Take a look for yourself.



Its claim to fame is its infrared drying technique, which dries hair from the inside out.  It also uses ceramic and tourmaline to heat the hair.  Ceramic heats more evenly than other materials used in cheaper hair dryers and tourmaline, a mineral, produces negative ions helping to break up the water molecules,leaving you with shiny, luscious hair.   Learn more about the difference between ceramic, tourmaline, ionic (a third type) dryers, here

The Rusk claims to cut drying time by 40%.  I scoffed when I read this but figured, 'Hey, I need a hair dryer and mine broke, so why not?'  Boy am I glad I shelled out the $80 for this one.  

If I don't feel like styling my hair, but just want to dry it so I don't have to leave the house and enter the freezing cold with a wet head, it does so in literally about 7 minutes.  Let that sink in a minute.  I shower, I get out, I brush my teeth, put in contacts and put on make up, then I dry my hair.  It is still really wet, and somehow this life-changing hair dryer dries it in 7 minutes.  One time I had to battle with my two year old about time out and then dry my hair - 5 minutes to a dry head people.  Five minutes! (said in the voice of the guy who runs the Santa display in the movie Elf)

Do yourself a favor and put it on your holiday wishlist.  You'll thank me.  Sephora, Ulta, Amazon - they all carry it.  Although I think it's the cheapest on Amazon at $64.  And if you gift this to the lady in your life, you will get her out the door and on to the party or the game much faster.  It's in your best interest too, gents.  

I actually look forward to doing my hair now.  Thank you Rusk.  I wish I could say they paid me to write this review, but sadly they did not.  I'm just in love with this hair dryer.  I still can't believe I'm saying that.  Who am I?  In love with a hair dryer? It changed my life?  Sheesh.  Maybe I need to get out more!  

Happy drying my friends!

~And that, my friends, is worth a glass of champagne~
Share:

1 comment

  1. You are right dear, buying for best hair dryers is really a difficult task and I am also searching for the one but now I think after reading your post I have got at least an option. So thank you so much for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig