life, love, family, shopping...because there's always a reason to celebrate!

Instagram Feed

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Real Housewives, Really Something

We all have our guilty pleasures and mine happens to be watching the Real Housewives.

The RHONY season is coming to a close but it couldn't have been a better season. I was concerned when many of the tried and true women left the show (Jill, Alex, Kelly) that it would entertain me no more. Boy was I wrong!

This season was the juiciest yet! Ramona and Sonja live it up drinking Pinot, picking up men, and speaking their minds.

Sonja's sayings might be some of the best I've heard in a while.

While battling Aviva (who according to Ramona is from Planet of the Apes and went 'Jack Nicholson' on her) she has several clever one-liners:

"I can't think of anything more boring than being with your husband tonight"
"I don't want to be with other people's guys, that's like bringing sand to the sandbox"
[...like Girls Gone Wild?] "YES!!  Let's call Mr. Francis in, is he still in jail?"
"My mouth is money. You f*ing call me a double dealer, you'll see where your ass winds up.  What comes out of my mouth, you can f*ing sell it!"
"Do not say I'm a double facer"
"I have been around a long time, b****.  I'm old...I work my ass off"

And everyone's favorite:
"Can I get a return to sender?!  RETURN TO SENDER!...I'm gonna call Reid right now and tell him that he should take this package home! "


And coming up on the next episode...
"Maybe if she[Aviva] paid for her education, she'd USE it!"

On one hand I couldn't love Sonja and Ramona more.  Otherwise known as Ramonja, they are two peas in a pod who bumble around with their pinot causing havoc with other women.  They can be grossly inappropriate, highly insulting, and pretty crazy, but I love every minute of it! There's something about people who are willing to put themselves out there without any censoring that makes them endearing.  I think there is a little part of each of us that wish we could get away with what they do.

On the other hand, they live a life not many of us are privileged to have.  Money, boats, clothes, and willy-nilly visits to the doctor to receive body treatments before going on trips - this is not the life of the average American.  To their credit however, they do both work whereas many women in their situation just lounge on their fine leather chaises while men in black tuxedos serve them two pieces of lettuce and a glass of water and their personal assistant shops for the latest Chanel suit.  Perhaps they're not the best role models for young girls who can't distinguish between different types of lifestyles and personalities, however, as a guilty pleasure, they are a perfect for a show like RHONY.  If you remember the context in which these women exist - on a reality television show - you too will love them!

Grab your glass of champagne and tune in on Mondays at 9pm on Bravo for Ramonja!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig